Waltham Estate RMO staff aim to provide you with the best possible repairs service to your home and communal areas. The repairs service forms part of your tenancy agreement or lease agreement and this charter contains clear information regarding the level of service you can expect from us.
The RMO also operates an assisted and enhanced repairs and maintenance service to our disabled and vulnerable residents. Please contact the estate office for more details on our 'Helping Hands' repairs service.
Waltham Estate RMO signs up to the Chartered Institute of Housing Repairs Charter.
By signing up to the charter, Waltham Estates RMO is making public our commitment to provide a high quality repairs service, and specifically, our accountability to our residents for its delivery. The charter is a framework for improvement.
Estate lighting repairs
Please report any lighting lighting problems on the estate to the housing office and remember to note the number on the column in order to report it (e.g. column 057).
How to report a repair
- By telephone. You can report a repair on 020 7926 9083
- In writing. You can write to us at:
Waltham Estate RMO
The Old Laundry
Stockwell Road, London
- In person. You can visit us in person at the estate housing office.
- Email. You can email the estate office at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when I report a repair?
When you report a repair we promise to:
- Let you know whether the repair is covered by the tenancy agreement or rechargeable to you.
- Let you know whether a repairs order will be raised immediately or if an inspection is required.
- Offer you an appointment and give you a job reference number for your records.
- Confirm all appointments in writing unless you have specified an alternative contact method. Appointments are available in two hours slots between 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Late night Thursday util 7pm and Saturday between 8.30am and 1pm. (Appointments for Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings relate to non-urgent repairs booked at least seven working days in advance.)
- Change any appointment for you as long you give us at least two full working days' notice.
- Keep all appointments. In some cases we may need to change your appointment, and will, with the exception of an emergency, give you at least one full working day notice.
- Carry out repairs monitoring surveys after each repair has been completed to ensure satisfaction.
- Ask you to complete a satisfactory form (this may be over the telephone) to ensure you are happy with the work. We will investigate all cases were you tell us that the service is not to the expected standard.
- Keep you informed of any changes or delays to the repair to be execute.
- To always be polite, helpful and treat you and your home with respect. We will clean up after the work has been completed.
- Give you a £10.00 gift voucher as compensation if an appointment is missed or a repair is completed late. For a late emergency repair, we will give you up to £50.00.
Repairs you are responsible for
- Door latches and fittings in your home
- Cupboards and cupboard handles and hinges
- Letter and milk boxes
- Sink plugs and chains, toilet chains, toilet seats and tap washers
- Small faults and cracks in plaster
- Minor damaged floor tiles, where they are the fault of the resident
- Hot water cylinder jackets
- Any internal doors or glass
- Wallpaper and paint inside your home
- Blocked sinks and drains caused by misuse
You will be recharged for the following repairs:
- Forcing entry in to your home after you have lost your keys
- Any repair which is your responsibility (as above)
Please let us know when someone can be at home to let us in. You should also check identification before allowing anyone into your home. All our staff carry identification.
A copy of the RMO's recharge policy for repairs is available on request.
Emergency repairs service
Lambeth Council operates an 'out-of-hours' emergency repair service. Contractors will only attend if you are experiencing:
- An uncontrollable leak (burst pipe etc.)
- You have been a victim of crime
- A gas leak (National Grid emergency helpline 0800 111 999)
- Complete loss of power
London Borough of Lambeth's out-of-hours repairs service can be reached on 020 7926 6666.