Should you experience problems with either your heating and hot water system or wish to have your system serviced,contact Waltham Estate in house gas engineer on 02079269083
If you smell Gas
- Do not turn electrical switches on or off
- Do not use the telephone as this may generate a spark
- Do not smoke or use a naked flame
- Check all appliances to ascertain if any have been left on in error
- Turn gas off at the meter
- Leave the premises and telephone 0800 111 999
- Contact the Estate Office on 020 7926 9083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I arrange an appointment?
Email waltham@lambeth .gov.uk (three working days notice is required for this service). or Lambeth out of office on 02079266666
How can I complain about service provider?
- Contact the Estate Office on 0207 926 9083 or email email@example.com
Energy saving tips
From Waltham Estate RMO
- Reduce your room thermostat temperature and switch off your central heating when you are not at home
- Your boiler must, by law, be serviced annually. Waltham Estate RMO Staff will contact you to make an appointment.
- Keep curtains closed when it gets dark to prevent heat loss through windows
- Don't obstruct a radiators output, e.g. with long curtains or by drying washing over radiators as this will prevent heat circulation to the room and might also cause condensation
- Don't leave taps running - always remember to put the plug in so that water (hot or cold) is not wasted
- Adjust your heating - turning the heating down by just one degree on the thermostat can save up to 10 per cent on your annual bill
- Drying clothes - try to dry your clothes outside, (or on airers) to maximise your heating efficiency and avoid damp problems
- Expensive bills? - Investigate switching to a different energy tariff - By switching fuel suppliers you could save up to £493 a year, visit www.uswitch.com
- www.energysavingtrust.org.uk has many useful hints and tips to save you money