Should you experience problems with either your heating and hot water system or wish to have your system serviced, Birchcroft can be reached on 0800 804 8555 or 017 0833 6825 or you can visit their website.
If you smell Gas
- Do not turn electrical switches on or off
- Do not use the telephone as this may generate a spark
- Do not smoke or use a naked flame
- Check all appliances to ascertain if any have been left on in error
- Turn gas off at the meter
- Leave the premises and telephone 0800 111 999
- Contact the estate office on 020 7926 9083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I arrange an appointment?
Birchcroft can be reached on 0800 804 8555 or 017 0833 6825.
Information on gas safety (http://www.urh.org.uk/safety/gas-safety)
Energy saving tips
- Reduce your room thermostat temperature and switch off your central heating when you are not at home
- Your boiler must, by law, be serviced annually. Our gas contractor will contact you to make an appointment
- Keep curtains closed when it gets dark to prevent heat loss through windows
- Don't obstruct a radiators output, e.g. with long curtains or by drying washing over radiators as this will prevent heat circulation to the room and might also cause condensation
- Don't leave taps running - always remember to put the plug in so that water (hot or cold) is not wasted
- Adjust your heating - turning the heating down by just one degree on the thermostat can save up to 10 per cent on your annual bill
- Drying clothes - try to dry your clothes outside, (or on airers) to maximise your heating efficiency and avoid damp problems
Expensive bills? - Investigate switching to a different energy tariff - By switching fuel suppliers you could save up to £493 a year, visit www.uswitch.com
www.energysavingtrust.org.uk has many useful hints and tips to save you money