Should you experience problems with either your heating and hot water system or wish to have your system serviced, Smith & Byford can be reached on 0800 0912140 or 0208 722 3436
If you smell Gas
- Do not turn electrical switches on or off
- Do not use the telephone as this may generate a spark
- Do not smoke or use a naked flame
- Check all appliances to ascertain if any have been left on in error
- Turn gas off at the meter
- Leave the premises and telephone 0800 111 999
- Contact the Estate Office on 020 7926 9083 or email email@example.com
How can I arrange an appointment?
Smith & Byford can be reached on 0800 0912140 (24 hours a day 365 days a year) or email waltham@lambeth .gov.uk (three working days notice is required for this service).
How can I complain about service provider?
- Contact the Estate Office on 0207 926 9083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Smith & Byford contractor on 0208 722 3436 or email CustomerCare@smithandbyford.com and copy to Waltham email too.
Energy saving tips
From Smith and Byford, working together with Waltham Estate RMO
- Reduce your room thermostat temperature and switch off your central heating when you are not at home
- Your boiler must, by law, be serviced annually. Smith and Byford will contact you to make an appointment
- Keep curtains closed when it gets dark to prevent heat loss through windows
- Don't obstruct a radiators output, e.g. with long curtains or by drying washing over radiators as this will prevent heat circulation to the room and might also cause condensation
- Don't leave taps running - always remember to put the plug in so that water (hot or cold) is not wasted
- Adjust your heating - turning the heating down by just one degree on the thermostat can save up to 10 per cent on your annual bill
- Drying clothes - try to dry your clothes outside, (or on airers) to maximise your heating efficiency and avoid damp problems
- Expensive bills? - Investigate switching to a different energy tariff - By switching fuel suppliers you could save up to £493 a year, visit www.uswitch.com
- www.energysavingtrust.org.uk has many useful hints and tips to save you money