Welcome to WERMO (Waltham Resident Management Organization)
Welcome to WERMO(Waltham Resident Management Organization)

Home Contents Insurance

Deciding whether to insure your belongings is up to the individual, but insuring your belongings can save a lot of money if your possessions are stolen or damaged. If this happens remember that we do not have to give you any financial help or compensation unless you prove that we were careless or responsible in some way.

Buying an insurance policy

Shop around for the best insurance policy. Make sure that it is with a good company. It is important to include third party cover, in case anyone claims against you (for example, if you leave a tap running and flood your neighbour's home).

If you are a pensioner, Lambeth Age UK can arrange a cheap insurance policy for you.

Age UK Lambeth
336 Brixton Road

        Phone: 020 7733 0528
        Fax:     020 7346 6814

Low cost home contents insurance for tenants and leaseholders

The council has selected an insurance broker for low cost home contents insurance designed specifically for tenants and leaseholders of Lambeth Council. The scheme is only available to them.

Payment methods are easy and flexible - annual, monthly cash, monthly direct debit and fortnightly cash. All cash payments are made by swipe card via the allpay.net network.

Some features of the home contents insurance for tenants and leaseholders:

  • 'New-for-old' insurance
  • Low minimum levels of cover - £6,000 for people over 60 and £8,000 for all other tenants
  • Fast and fair claims service
  • Easy payment methods
  • Dedicated helplines - general and claims

Examples of the cover provided:

  • Accidental damage - TVs, videos, Hi-Fis, DVDs, PCs, camcorders and glass and ceramic fittings
  • Comprehensive cover for home, outbuildings and garages
  • Frozen food
  • Locks and keys
  • Liability to third parties
  • Fatal accident £2,000

We insure our properties against the following risks:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosions
  • Aircraft
  • Riot and public disturbances (including strikes)
  • Malicious damage by political organisations
  • Some other types of damage

The council is insured for claims by tenants after damage to their property which is their fault, for example, faulty repairs. Make claims to your housing officer as soon as possible. An inspection of any damaged goods will happen within seven days of receiving your claim, so don't throw them away. In exceptional cases they may make a special payment.

If you would like more information please call their helpline on 0870 420 3802 or write to them at:

Wessex Administration Services
Jewry House
Jewry Street
SO23 8RZ

Home contents insurance application forms are available in the estate office.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Waltham Estate RMO
The Old Laundry
Thornicroft House
Stockwell Road
E-mail: waltham@wermo.org.uk
Phone: 020 7926 9083